RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7 / AR7000 problem (reproducible loss of signal)
Old 07-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 / AR7000 problem (reproducible loss of signal)

ORIGINAL: GeeBeeJim

ORIGINAL: Eric.Henderson

From what I have seen, if you lose a 2.4 connection at three feet it comes right back. If you lose connection at 30 feet it can take several seconds. If you lose it way out there it could take an eternity as far as you are concerned.

Eric.
Eric, please explain to me how this happens ? Where, and how did you "see" this take place ? Since radio waves travel at the speed of light, why should these short distance's make a difference ? Anyone ?

> Jim
Jim,
I'm not qualified to explain why it happens. All you have to do is try it to see it. (On the ground of course)

I believe this is why the extreme low receiver voltage situation manifests a loss of control the way it does. If you are close up it reconnects quickly but at a 100 yards it is looking for a singal that is weaker by distance etc.

One reason that I personally prefer the R9000 RX is that I can set a form of failsafe during the binding to give the RX time to reconnect with the far away TX in the event of a severe voltage dip.

I have been considering using a capacitor in the voltage supply to see if I could address the random high servo drain. I was going to play with this stuff when I get a data logger etc. so that I did not have to just rely upon visual assements only.

I find these "problems" as interesting as a good mystery novel. Rather than go blasting the suppliers I like to see if I can diagnose the problem, improve the situation/solve the problem or if all else fails provide better data for them to work with.

Regards,

Eric.