RCU Forums - View Single Post - I just flew my new electric shrike
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I just flew my new electric shrike

ORIGINAL: skyflyer47

Hey guys, I was talking a while back about making my shrike electric. I had allready finished it with a thunder tiger 46 and pipe and such. So it ended up longer than normal, because I built it before I found out it was going to be nose heavy. Any way i put in an axi 2826/08 out runner with a 70 amp opto speed control and a 11-8.5 apc e-prop. 2 thunder power 2100 11.1 volt batteries in parrallel. only had to move things around a little to get good balence. The maiden flight was today what a blast had to be at near or over 100 mph. No way to know or prove it though. I have a 14.8 3850 Extreme battery on order and a couple other props to try 10-10 and 11-10. This is by the way a 40 size shrike it didn't need a toss pretty much just a release. flew 9 minutes no worries. skyflyer
Yep, the Shrike will come out nose heavy. mine did balance with out extra weight but I extended the hatch to the rear so I could put the battery in the tail of the plane. What kind of rpm you getting with your setup and the 11x8.5 e-prop?