RCU Forums - View Single Post - West 50V1: what plugs do you use?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: West 50V1: what plugs do you use?

ORIGINAL: asimace

Thanks for your inputs...
I might try to lower the nitro percentage although I've often read of people running 15% nitro... how much oil would you suggest? 15%-18% synthetic?
In these days it's getting really hot here in Italy and I usually fly at about 25°C or more. In any case I've been throwing plugs away during winter time too...
It's funny to read of people with my same problems, burning plugs quite often, and other people who are running the same plugs for years on a same motor and same prop as mine!!!
On other glow engines I haven't ever had this problem, from slow four strokes to high revving ducted fan engines such as the Rossi .53 and .90...
Well... I'll try a lower nitro fuel and I'll go to my LHS and get ann assortment of plugs I suppose!
Mauri
I'd suggest 10% nitromethane, IIRC it is the recommendation with the motor but I don't have the literature at hand at the moment. I use 18% oil, 20% castor/80% synthetic, although Weston would tell you to skip the castor and go straight synthetic. If you have some 10% Cool Power, maybe give that a shot. Who knows?

How much are you backing off from peak rpm on the ground? I know you said you don't run lean, I am just curious.

Are you running the stock header length or has it been shortened?

MJD