RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smartech Bigfoot
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Bigfoot

Hellya, the guy at fg-hopus.com was selling the HobbyThek (rc-car-online.de) alloy engine mounts for a while. He has had some trouble fullfilling orders recently but is a good guy to work with overall.

He sells the engine mounts for $90 plus shipping (he's in the Seattle area). I'd shoot him an email to see if he has any on hand ready to ship. If hellya doesn't have any on hand to ship then he will have to order from HobbyThek himself.

I'd also recommend the HobbyThek steel pinion for the Smartech truck. This is the gear that sits on the clutch bell on the engine. If you have a plastic pinion gear it will strip easy. fg-hopups.com sold me one for $30.

HobbyThek's shipping is steep at $40 USD and takes a while.

Another option for the alloy engine mounts is to go with an FG alloy small engine mount. The FG large engine mount will NOT work. I put a small alloy mount on and left the large mount plastic. I was able to Lock-tite the small mount screws down real tight. I haven't had any issues at all with engine movement. You can get an FG small alloy engine mount for less than $30 from several US dealers.