RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies Web Site??????
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I understand...

I was told that by using AOL, with their constant downloads of junk files, primarily for their own benefit, it can make a nice new fast computer slow down to a crawl. This comes from the engineer/owner of a company in Miami who sells a lot of custom assembled computers. I became utterly disgusted with AOL years ago, and quit them. Since then I have endured an unsatisfactory DSL service from Bell South, (the phone company) and I had to quit them too. When problems occurred on their phone lines, their service manager flatly refused to work on the problem. I terminated their DSL and also the wired phone in my home, in protest of their intransigent position. My wife and I now use cell phones exclusively, from another provider, and we love it, and it is less expensive too. I then went to my cable TV provider for the similar fast internet service. I have been through the wringer with them to make things right, and finally, after 6 months of service calls, they changed the old exterior wires and some other hardware in a box up on the pole, and now I operate with reasonable speed and reliability. It seems that you must suffer a lot, and fight quite a bit, to obtain anything close to what the vendors advertising says. Good luck with your situation.