RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you an Ambassador of the sport, AMA, both…or none?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:29 PM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you an Ambassador of the sport, AMA, both…or none?

It's all well and good to shove sunshine up peoples butt but the truth is the elitist attitude between the old guys and us youngsters, youngsters hell I'm 30, and new interests in the hobby is on the whole getting worse IMO. The instant gratification of ARF isn't helping produce avid modelers, It has increased numbers trying out the hobby but not as many stay. Instead of the old guys trying to be role models in the hobby and in life they simply shun first and judge the little ****s by their reaction. Then use that ammunition to say all them damn kid are out of line and don't give a rats a about anything, they'll never admit they were the same impatience rule breaking pranksters we are when they were young. Seriously if I was just starting out in the hobby and showed up at my club I'd of never got past my trainer. Luckily back in the day we had a couple really great members that would mentor us young punks, teach us to fly help us build and build right and made us successful, not today. I kind of have to thank the SOB's that shunned me to the point I simply stopped coming around cause I went on to flying real planes and haven't looked back, though I'll admit there are allot of elitist in that realm as well, difference is I just get in the plane and go elsewhere or shut the damn hanger. Now I found a spot were I can fly models with my own group behind a locked gate. Anyway, I'll always be flying in some form or other, the days of putting up with clubs is over, I'm still having reservations one weather or not to renew my AMA, I've been a member for 15 years now and am to the point were I wonder if it's worth the money