cjshaker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Typhoon 2 by ParkZone

We have around ten to fifteen people show up each Saturday evening to fly electrics at a local high school in Bend after the hobby shop closes.

I pulled the RX out of the Typhoon2, and installed one of my 6 channel FASST 2.4 Ghz receivers from Futaba. Test ran the airplane at home, checked out the radio programming. The motor and ESC were working fine.

Tonight, one of my buddies from our hobby shop was watching as I plugged the LiPo battery into my Typhoon2. Smoke started to roll out, and I unplugged the battery right away. The ESC smoked itself.

Chris tried to pull the ESC out of the airplane for inspection, and one of the leads came off the ESC. I'll be digging the ESC out tonight, and replacing it with a Castle 36.

From the manual, it appears to be the same ESC that ships in my PNP Stryker, and I've had no problems with its ESC.

I'm starting to think this airplane is cursed:

o First Typhoon 2 had a bad aileron servo,
o On the second Typhoon 2, the radio glitched out badly while my buddy maidened it (it was doing uncommanded half rolls, and vertical excursions),
o Then, the ESC smokes itself while connecting the battery.

Over in the Watter Flyer forums, other people have had the Typhoon 2 ESC smoke on startup.

My hobby shop replaced the first Typhoon 2 with this unit, and now, they're sending in the radios and the ESC for replacement from the second unit. I'm not having much luck with the Typhoon 2.

The Typhoon 2 seems like a really neat airplane, but Parkzone is having some quality problems. One of these days, I'll actually get to fly it.

Chris Shaker

ORIGINAL: cjshaker

My local hobby shop replaced my first Typhoon 2, which arrived with a dead aileron servo. Wouldn't move at all.

Got the new Typhoon 2, and went to fly it last Saturday. I asked an experienced RC pilot friend to fly the maiden
for me. He got it up in the air, and it glitched like mad. He walked towards the airplane, and got it back under
control, and landed it successfully.

We seem to have gotten a batch of Typoon 2s with bad radios. My local hobby shop has sold three or four Typhoon
2s in the past week that have some kind of severe glitching problem. They want me to pull the RX and TX to send them in for service.

I'm going to install my Futaba FASST 6 channel radio in it while it is serviced.

Chris Shaker
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71937.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	731629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23625.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	731630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci97919.jpg
Views:	21