RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 2.4 Receiver Antennas - Length ? Positioning ?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 AM
d_wheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 2.4 Receiver Antennas - Length ? Positioning ?

ORIGINAL: BalsaBob

As I continue to drive myself crazy on deciding which 2.4 system to purchase, I have a question about the Futaba 2.4 receiver antenna wires..... How long are they (it is hard to tell by the pics I have seen), and, are there any positioning requirements .... i.e. ... 90 degrees to each other ? opposite direction to each other ? Thanks. Bob
The only "requirement" is that you use the same anti-vibration technique used with any other receiver, and that you don't bend the antenna cable to tightly. Large curves are required so that the cable does not crease. It is recommended that you place the antennas as far apart as possible and at 90 degrees to each other. Haven't measured mine, but I think the antennas/cables are about 5 inches long.

I have used all 3 manufacturers systems, and found that the Futaba is the easiest to install as the receiver itself does not have to be in any special place. The antennas are easily routed to optimum locations and simply held in place with masking tape. Both of the other systems require you to mount the receiver in a place that is not "shaded" by large metallic objects. The Spektrum satellite receiver then must also be mounted in an unshaded location using foam rubber or other anti-vibration mounting techniques.

All 3 systems work well so you will most likely be pleased with which ever you choose.

Later;

D.W.