RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba fasst 2.4ghz signal loss
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:24 PM
leyland384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba fasst 2.4ghz signal loss

There are hundreds of these systems in use, and many satisfied pilots. I'm a Spektrum flyer myself, and have not had a single problem to date, with likely well over 100 flights at multiple flying sites. This is the first reported "crash" of a Futaba system I've run across.

The important thing to remember with these systems is to check your battery under load (plug in a volt meter and watch the voltage as you try to move your flight surfaces by hand to simulate air flow while flying). If the voltage drops too low (either due to the pack being dead or because the pack is too small for the model) it will shut the receiver completely OFF. (No mushy controls or soft lockouts like FM, here it competely STOPS working).

Use the right battery, make sure no servos are binding or stalled, and just fly it. The 2.4 GHz stuff available really works good, and it doesn't really seem to matter who's brand it is.

Adam

I can't resist a good jab at brand F though: "Superior full range technology" What gives? It sounds to me like they crash just as good as everybody elses stuff does from time to time.