RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you an Ambassador of the sport, AMA, both…or none?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you an Ambassador of the sport, AMA, both…or none?

ORIGINAL: budpro

I read the thread on Park Flyer's and IPFA and the estimated 500,000 to 2.5 million Park Flyers out there…that is a staggering number, if it's accurate.
OK. If that number is accurate, where in the H*ll are they? We have a large regional park here and I might see one or two people a month trying to fly an underpowered, practically unflyable, toy in other parts of the park which usually lasts less than an hour.

Maybe 490,000 to 2.499 million park flyer models are in a trash can or laying busted up in the bottom of some kids closet.

When anybody, and I do mean anybody, shows up at our field with any kind of aircraft we try our best to assist them. For awhile anyway. We have had three people show up this summer with park flyers and we got their equipment up and going and assisted them with flying them. Two of them still come out but have yet to get their AMA or join the club. We are in a public park so their is little we can do to force the issue. They sit in club chairs, work at club tables, and never help with mowing or field maintenance.

I guess my point is that if they would prefer to fly in a school yard somewhere rather than at our flying site then there is no loss to us or the AMA so why should we care.