RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you an Ambassador of the sport, AMA, both…or none?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you an Ambassador of the sport, AMA, both…or none?

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

I travel a lot with my planes. Last year i pulled into a club field and asked to fly there for the afternoon. I was told that the club rules are that i had to be buddy-boxed first by the safty officer. Then both of the older men walked off and sat down. I went over to them and asked for the phone number so I could call him. While I was waiting for the man I got out my planes and started to set up, that got their attention it was a H-9 Ultimate. when the safity officer arrived at the field with the buddy-box and saw my plane, he justed stared and said he's never seen one that big. To make a long story short, I put him on the box so he could fly the Ultimate and then the two older men in turn tried and after some phone calls half the club were there. I've never flown that much since, but everybody had fun. I could have given up and left and yes I had to make the first move, but I was the new guy. two of them took my wife and me out to dinner that night. i will always remember those two older men with a smile when i gave them control of that bib. Dennis

Just like good landings, it is all in the approach.