RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba fasst 2.4ghz signal loss
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Futaba fasst 2.4ghz signal loss

[quote]ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

Nothing wrong with your system Dick. The problem is that most guys won't do it.

yes - I know that -
having been around long enough --I see that most attempts to encourage a little self help-are simply wasted efforts.
My attitude is shifting into the "that's too fu-king bad " answer catagory when I get questions such as "why did my plane crash?"
The other thing that bugs me about the " techno gap" , is the flyer who assumes that because he has loaded the inside of his model with all the trick batteries and regulators -strapped around the rx , he has a safer system
when in most cases - he has created a Frankenstein setup that simply blocks signals or is highly susceptable to heat failures.
My own findings with the 2.4 stuf I use is that a extremely simple approach works very well
rule !- for a reciever pack use either A123 cells or new , conditioned, Nimh low impedance cells and include an on board Vmeter which you can watch -at any time to se if any servo is pulling excessive current
very very simple.
2 follow steps in rule 1
for electric models - place rx away from any other FREDS on the model and on any model with more than a single 2100 ma single pack - use a outboard Switching BEC which is MATCHED to possible servo loads
finally -pretend th 2.4 radio is th pilot (it is ) and place the rx in the canopy so that it can seeout.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10829.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	733742