RCU Forums - View Single Post - At a certain engine RPM my radio gear goes nuts ? Troubleshoot..
Old 08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: At a certain engine RPM my radio gear goes nuts ? Troubleshoot..

ORIGINAL: iplayloud I only fly a couple times every summer so I took my old Avistar out, inspected all the controls and went flying.. My radio is a basic Futaba 4-channel FM bought in 2000 (Skysport4 I think ?) and at certain RPMs the airplane kind of dances, and sometimes the ailerons turn 200% right and elevator 200% up during a split second. I think one of my servos or the receiver reacts to a certain vibration frequency. Anyone experienced something like this ?
Further to suggestion of reseating crystal, do same for all other leads to refresh the connections, checking for any possible signs of blue or black corrosion on the connections and replace if any found. (you did remove the RX battery whilst it was not being used?). Make sure the receiver protection rubber has not perished and replace in need. Correct any metal to metal contacts e.g. Tailwheel tiller arm sliding in a metal bracket is a no no, insulate with a piece of fuel tubing slid down the arm then resecure bracket. Metal Pushrod Z bend or metal clevis is AOK with a nylon throttle arm but a no no for metal throttle arms - replace in need with a ball joint or plastic clevis.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links