RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Trucks
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Trippz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Trucks

I have a Volcano STX and I had the same problem with my steering. I dont think it has any thing to do with the remote or servos. Off road mine wouldnt turn with a damn but on the street it turned fine. I took it up to my locale hobby shop and they looked at it and said the the design for the steering servo saver was junk under hardly any load the servo saver shaft would seperate. So after talking with them I glued the shaft together disabling the servo saver and bought a servo saver that actually went on the servo. And sure enough that solved the problem. Of course as soon as I got that fix the damn spur gear stripped out on me. So now I am going to the hobby shop to try and match up one that isnt plastic. For everyones information: I have noticed that the volcano frame is very similar to the older savage I think it is the savage X and there are alot of interchangable part from HPI that I have used one my volcano something to look into went repairing, upgrading ect. and some of the part are alot cheaper than what Redcat sells them for.