RCU Forums - View Single Post - HiTec Optic 6 Case & handle Issues
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 11:14 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HiTec Optic 6 Case & handle Issues

It must be the proper solution
I replaced my 3 (2 x optics and the one that I'm not supposed to mention) with a PCM9X and a PCM10X.

The 9x travels the world with me, has 3 different modules changed in it (36MHz, 72MHz & 40 MHz)and has been used almost every day for the past year with absolutely no problems. Before anyone jumps on this statement - The Optics got used once per week in Perth without module changes and did not travel with me at all (The Eclipse did that role for me).

I put my Optics on the concrete driveway and ran over them with a tractor. Too many planes put at risk to use them again.

I've kept the Eclipse for my Foamies, paddock fliers and trainer.

Like you, I'm addicted to the 5955's (I have about 25 or 30 of those) and I also have a bunch of 645MG, 985MG, 475HB and 425's fot he other planes (as well as the usual 55's and random others. In our fleet of 50 or more ready to fly planes (between the three of us) There are only 5 planes that don't have HiTec serovs in them and they are the foamies that I spoke about earlier. I wil continue to use the HiTec Servos - just not their TX's or RX's (especially seeing as we can't get the 36MHz PCM Rx's in Oz any more anyway).