RCU Forums - View Single Post - HiTec Optic 6 Case & handle Issues
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 10:20 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HiTec Optic 6 Case & handle Issues

Yep
Aussie Prices and NZ Prices are near identical.
I always tried to purchase as much as possible from Aussie suppliers so that I could get warranty etc. I have only ever requested warranty twice EVER for products that I have purchased for this sport. I waas given an emphatic NO over that and couldn't be bothered chasing it further. - You guessed it - it was for 2 x Optic 6 cases, one of which also had the charging jack area breakage (another problem area on them).

We kept getting told things like "We have used this product ourselves and never had a problem" (maybe they do for their indoor flyers but one of those same people that quoted that is now a Futaba flyer).

One of the wonderful things about regularly travelling to the US and living in China is that I get to purchase a lot of items at sensible prices. I also get warranty on the things purchased. Whenever I travel nowadays, I make sure that I take 2 suitcases and I always bring one back full of "stuff". (sometimes the second suitcase is a couple of ARF's)

Eg - JRPCM9x 36MHz at US$457.50
c/w R77s TX & 4x DS385's

http://www.himodel.com

When comparing the cost and the benefits gained, I am actually glad I made the move.

Of course, if a supplier regularly refuses to provide warranty, their records will always show no major issues with a product because the repairs will show that they are required because of customer related issues.