RCU Forums - View Single Post - Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane
Old 08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
fpshell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane

Thanks to the wealth of information and experiences of others at this site, I am hopeful my maiden flight later this week will be meaningful for something other than a crash. I have covered my Cessna with clear tape, glued a coffee stir across the weak spot between the elevator halves and under the plastic portion of the elevator control, and strengthened the vertical stabilizer with rods on both sides.

Before I launch for the first time, I do have one question I would appreciate someone answering. The foam area of the elevator and rudder, that serve as the HINGES, have areas of "Greater Thickness" and areas that are "THINNER". Some of the pictures I have seen, look as though the thinner areas have been cut thru, leaving only the "Thicker Areas" to serve as the only required "HINGES".

Cutting thru the thinner areas connecting the elevator to the horizontal stabilizer and the rudder to the vertical stabilizer, should "OFF LOAD" the servos and make movements easier and more responsive.

QUESTION: Am I reading the pictures correctly??? Should I cut thru the thin areas of the foam or leave them fully in tact???

Thank you for any advise you can provide.