RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Car To Get?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
PBJT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Car To Get?

I own a FG MT and have been out with many bajas. They really do not compare well, if you just have a grassy field to run either will do, if its a construction site IMO the baja is too low and too long. As for jumping, with the long low baja they just land on the frame rather then the wheels so they take alot of bashing. From what I have seen I am impressed with the durability of the Baja but it is too low and too long to be of any value to me. My FG MT has huge tires, ground clearance and a short wheel base that can clear a construction site with ease and not ride the belly pan like a snake the whole way through. Also if you jump a FG MT it must use the wheels and suspension to land so yes 3-4 foot high jumps are the max, I have seen these bajas take 15 foot high 40 long jumps and the just land on Frame no mater what so they did not break. So no question in my mind HPI Baja is tough but not what I would want, I wanted large tires, ground clearance for crawling and bashing, not jumps and grass.

PBJT