RCU Forums - View Single Post - nikko seawolf
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 04:41 AM
jjp735i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nikko seawolf

oceanfox,

I just bought a Ocean Explorer from ebay with no controller. You can order a controller from Nikko America for $34.00. You'll need to know what the feq. is, mine has a sticker on the top 27.009 band 3, From what I understand they have the other parts too, but I only needed the controller. I've taken the advice from here and tore mine down to see everything inside, I was wonderfully supprised when I opened it up and it looks brand new. All the rubber seals are soft, no cracks, doesn't look like a drop of water has ever even touched the inside.

i have a guestion for everyone, the front seal, behind the nose cone, mine looks new, but it's not a real tight fit, it seems to seal correctly, but I want to make sure how tight it should be before I take the first run.

Another thing I have done with my wally subs is tie a fishing bobber to the sub, it doesn't look the best, but I can take my wally sub down under in the lake and know were it is. Plus If the little guy decides not to surface I can retreive it. It's kind of cool when I take it down and and bring it up 5 -10 feet away, not knowing excatly where it's coming up.

jjp