View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 03:07 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Royal Corsair .60 project

Originally posted by Juice
Luke,

I'm strongly considering to replace the music wire strut/axle of my Robart #121 tailwheel retracts with the strut/fork/axle assembly you have. I noticed you have brass tubes, the strut, soldered to the fork. The Robart tailwheel is designed for a music wire strut. Can music wire be soldered to the brass on the PCB? Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks,
Juice
No, I wouldn't attempt soldering music wire, my brain has been working overtime on this, it's just that I want to put all my efforts into this project while I have the momentum. If I stick it on the shelf it could stay! I was thinking of eliminating the music wire completely, drill the retract out along with the control horn so a 1/8" brass tube will fit. A length of music wire could be inserted into the brass tube to give it more strength. Build the exposed part of the tail wheel as it is on mine, but it would just leave more of the 1/8" brass tube exposed. I'll do a drawing for ya when I get a chance. Anyway thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Luke