RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to: Transporting big birds to the flying field
Old 02-26-2002, 03:54 AM
shill
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to: Transporting big birds to the flying field

My brother and I have a 14 foot single axle wells cargo trailer 6 feet wide, It has rear ramp door and front side door with the extra 6 inch height option. Reason for single axle is it puts more loaded weight on the axle which gives a better smoother ride. Hence we got the biggest single axle trailer we could get but we also had to order it dealers dont usually stock anything above 12 foot in single axle trailers. with this set up with wing racks in front and places for stabs amd transmitters and fuel jugs etc up front, and a 2 layer system basically I took plywood and 2 x4 s and built a deck inside it we can get 4, 40% size airplanes and 2, 35 % size airplanes in it or combo of different planes. and we just use mini vans to pull it chrysler with six cylinder mazda MPV with 6 cylinder. but you do need air shocks for the van plus if needed planes can still go in mini van with all the seats out but front. I will try to get some pics in the next day or 2 and post for you to see the inside setup.

Steve Hill