RCU Forums - View Single Post - .60 P-36 Black Horse
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: .60 P-36 Black Horse

I'm a sucker for things you don't see too often, especially this plane.
The P-36 was the 1st plastic model I ever build for myself, so the moment I saw it for sale, I ordered one.
It arrived in a timely fashion, and is staggering how cheap it is for the quality of work on her.
It's looks similar in quality to a Seagull model (ARF). These planes aren't the greatest, but for the $$ it's a good deal.
Scale modeler's need not really comment as these babies aren't that close at all, but from a stand-off scale point of view, I give kudos to BH models for at-least producing something out of the ordinary.
I'm going to start a build thread, and although I typically do more bashing on such arfs to get them closer to scale, I'm planning on making only modest changes to this one.
In particular, using the correct type of retracts, not using the rivit decals supplied, the wing & flap servo "covers", the tailwheel (perhaps) and concealing the way the exposed wing bolt is exposed.
BH models is vert cleaver not to show images of the bottom of this plane as it's the worst part.
(I'm curious about the BH Spitfire, since they never show the bottom of that one either).
Based on the wing, I may have to do a bit of work to fenagle the new location for the flap servos as they are currently located right where the wheels need to go.
there are a few things that seems kinda cheap that will be easy enough to fix, but as someone stated, it'll certainly be a nice change to the swarms of P-51's out there.

Here are a few pics showing how the entire fuse is sheeted in balsa (incredible work!!), pushrods are re-installed, and how all the bulk-heads have loads of lightening holes making it an ideal candidate foir electric conversion (although I would never do that).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56780.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	757736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31237.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	757737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78867.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	48.8 KB