RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
tim777jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Hi Cody, I just used the original bottle top. I usd a threded nipple which I screwed into a slightly undersized hole, that i drilled in the center of the cap. I wrapped the threads of the nipple in PTFE tape, screwed it into the plastic cap and fitted a rubber washer and secured it with a nut on the inside. I screwed the bottle top on after wrapping the threads with PTFE tape. I fitted a breather pipe in the top of the bottle, same procedure, drilled undersized hole, screwed in a nipple after wrapping threads in PTFE and fitted a nut. No Washer on this one though. Pumped up the bottle a few psi and tested in bowl of water.
You can get threaded nipples from alshobbies.co.uk or try mickreevesmodels.co.uk.
I am interested in your oleos, would you happen to have any pics you could post with them installed. What sort of weight are they.
Just for info, my plastic moulded nose wheel well was smashed when the nose gear detached. I resecured all the damaged bits, with sellotape, on the outside surfaces to reform the correct shape, just so I could fly the plane. This is stronger than you might think. I remade the half tube section were the leg folds into, with ally self adhesive tape (speed tape). Really quick repair, that works well. Some models I have seen, dont even have any kind of fairings, just a large gapeing hole and dont seem to have problems.
By the way, this is my first turbine model as well. Where are based?
rgds Tim