RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:53 PM
preston_brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Mine's starting to look more like a plane now. Looking nice with the Saito 1.80 in the back. I hope it provides good motivational force w/a 16x10 3 bladed prop. I'm going to use the Robart 710 retracts with the 6xx struts.

One of the blind nuts for the horizontal stabilizer was installed too deeply inside, and thus the supplied hardware is too short. I have to order a new one.

And, one of my nylon wing bolts stripped while I was tightening it inside the fuselage. And trust me, I didn't supply excessive torque. It is just crappy nylon.

The indentation marked on the side of the fuselage where the wing bolt holes need to be drilled was off by enough to make it not work correctly. Mark your own holes after aligning the wing with the two aluminum joiner rods so you don't have to fill and drill a second hole.

Pretty average ARF quality, I'm getting what I paid for, and I'm happy.

The third picture shows my other current time sink-- rebuilding my 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera motor. I was just going to freshen the top end, but projects do tend to snowball. I'm starting complete reassembly this week.

-- Preston
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74401.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	759278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58842.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	759279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74702.jpg
Views:	157