RCU Forums - View Single Post - thewingsmaker.com - midget mustang
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thewingsmaker.com - midget mustang

jeffk464:

Yea, have seen it. Interesting concept, sport racer, almost 60 inch span. Shades of the Little Tony, Shoestring, Alley Cat. All fly well as sport airplanes, size and draggy design take them out of real go fasters. With a Jett 90 LX, best you can anticipate is around 130mph. Perhaps with a fan engine like a OS 91 VRDF you could make it scoot. The rear exhaust and carb would make the engine install a little tough I think. I have two of these in the motor closet, but they stay there waiting for time to make a home brew one off designed around the engine installation needed. The Jett 90LX is good for around 15K, the OS vrdf 22K. The 22,000 plus engine is very interestilng to me, hope to get to this build in the near future. Have a Krangke swept wing off their F20 that should work out ok, but is a little fat for a real scooter. Room for retracts though. As I said, very interesting. Should send a engine to one of the Buddude 8 brothers and see what they may come up with, but would surley haunt me in the long run. ENJOY