RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot
Thread: Patriot
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 AM
andreg00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patriot

To be honnest, the Patriot was intended to be a test bench for the motor. The target plane is a Kyosho Kelly F1 Racer which is sitting in my garage actually. That is the reason for the engine being mounted upright. The fuel tank is a problem. This motor is quite fragile to bubbling, wich I experienced, and for a 0.60, consumes a lot of fuel. I am modifying the fuel tank setup so it will be completly wrapped in foam rubber and I found a long slim tank. We'll see how this works out. The remote valve is screwed on the fire wall and I like this setup. Also the tuned muffler must mot leak at all for maximum performance and even if I mounted the bolts with threadlock it shortly did so I added high temp liquid gasket between the muffler and the motor. This will be tested this weekend along with the new fuel tank. I think with all this, I will be able to swing an APC 10 X 6 at 17K RPM on the ground. With the bubbling and the leak at the muffler I had some problem maintaining this. The video was done with an APC 9 X 8.

The motor is powerfull and reliable, no problem on that but take good note of these few things: It is very fragile to bubbling in the fuel tank and it sucks alot of fuel. I am not saying this with the fuel price in my mind but you need to have a good fuel reserve in the plane.

Some more videos will be shot and I will comment with the modifications.

Cheers

Andre Gagnon