RCU Forums - View Single Post - Differences between the Sig Wonder and a Lanier SHRIKE
Old 03-20-2003, 07:08 PM
jetsett
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between the Sig Wonder and a Lanier SHRIKE

I have had both planes and have to say they are fairly close to performance, you will be happy with both of them. I would probably give the edge to the shrike for top speed. I have had the wonder for about ten years and have never crashed it, flies great. Top speed with .25 sport engines about 110-120mph in a dive. With the performance and manuverability, and size of these aiplanes at this speed, 110-120 mph will definitelymake you happy and keep you very busy. you will probably not be outmatched at your field for the dollar. I have overpowered both of these planes with up to .40 size engines and have never had wing snap. Especially the wonder, becasue there is no split in the spar, it is a true one piece wing.

If you really want to go fast try to keep it light. Put in mini servos with a high performace .25 engine. I use a norvell .25 which turns a 9x6 @16,000+ rpm. If your really energetic, shave some balsa off of the wing ribs while building, making the airfoil "thinner"
If you do all of the above you will get over 120 mph easily, which is plenty fast for this little thing.
Don