RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Covering Videos!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 01:01 AM
rfries_gha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Covering Videos!!!

Mike, Thank you for taking the time to make and post your How-To Cover videos. I found your series of videos (somewhere in another thread) 5 videos totaling 88 meg. WOW. They proved to be invaluable to me today.

I’m a novice flyer and new to building. I had a mishap and had to reconstruct my landing gear. With everyone’s assistance, I had great success the first time. Below is a recap of topics I learned that I found really important:

1. I used Ultracote. My E-flite came covered with Ultracote from the factory so the finish is a perfect match.
2. Measure twice, cut once. Give yourself a little extra scrap. I did just fine but an extra 1/2 inch of scrap would have been welcome.
3. Make sure your iron is at the correct temperature. I borrowed all my covering equipment from a friend. He didn’t have a temperature gauge so I used a good quality probe thermometer to accurately set my temperature. It did a nice job.
4. G o s l o w l y. At times I found myself working in one inch increments.

Anyways, thanks again for everyone that posted tips in this thread. And a special thanks to Mike for your assistance.

Roger