RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should AMA clubs allow non-AMA to fly
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should AMA clubs allow non-AMA to fly

Seems like he's setting us all up for his rebuttal because not 1 person, including myself addressed his first post the way he wanted it. He knows it's not up to the AMA to determine who can and cannot fly at a chartered club's site. We all know that more then 1 club can co-exist on the same site, with or without insurance. And if your an AMA club, your certainly allowed to let non AMA flyers come and fly anytime they want, just not participate in club ACTIVITIES and POLITICS but of course they can fly till their fingers bleed. And since the AMA does allow all of this open door policy, that in itself IS A promotion.

But I think what KE wants the AMA to, correct me if I'm wrong, is actually PROMOTE and to encourage non members to fly at these sites. Well they already do with the intro pilot program and their open door policy seems to be ok. But if he's looking for the AMA to actually ?spend money? to do any kind of promotion...well this coming from the same guy who doesn't even want the AMA members to absorb the costs of the so called running deficit on MA. He'd rather us have our rates raised for this so called non AMA member program, then to prolly get rid of the magazine.

And I don't believe for a second KE that you think this so called idea is for the residual effects for potential AMA membership. I believe it's for the same reason you've rowled up certain individuals like IraD posted, that's the kind of post you were looking for. But don't expect a lot more of them, expect this thread to be closed, prolly pretty soon instead.