RCU Forums - View Single Post - pondering: District Websight Accountability
Old 09-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: pondering: District Websight Accountability

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

I'm starting to think we are not goint to keep the involved Persons & District a mystery[&:]

Per my fisrt post: yes, it is a Yahoo group run by Red, linked from the D5 website.
Read the Yahoo description again, and we see it claims to be unmoderated and open to all AMA members.
It claims to be a way to get D5 DVP info shared

It is fact is not unmoderated it seems.
It seems to me moderated by politics & hate.
It seems to be closed to a D5 club officer that never posted anything on the D5 yahoo forum.
Aparrently to stop that club officer from continuing to read the D5 member & DVP posts.

That is all well and good it it was Big Reds World of AMA Posts, not what sits in premace of official AMA D5 Forum, as one would see from the direct & obvious linking from the D5 Website.

Biz-
I am asking for folks opinion on whether AMA, & in particular AMA DVPs should have/assume top tier oversite of their web/forum presense. I am not asking for you to take action against the terms you have from the District. I am asking folks to talk about their feelings... casue I'm just a really sensative guy like that.

Imagine this as a School and a Band Booster Organization.
The organization Taft Jr High Band Boosters, that is recognized by & promoted at Taft School events,
decides to branch out & start selling Nooses.
The school would ask them to not peddle hate, or to not use the Schools name whan they do.
It is not illegal to sell nooses, but the school doesnt want its name used to sell Taft Jr High Ties
... for obvious reasons.

Banning a guy for not posting anything is the Noose Selling.
Red can do anything he wants with some yahoo group.... but under the AMA D5 name?
Should the AMA District ask for it to stop, or distance itself from such behavior, such as removing the AMA D5 Site link to the discrimination forum.

(what term do you use for one that says it is open to all members, especially d5 ones, then bans a d5 club officer for not posting anything. To say it was political posts of that officer on other sites is simply censureship... or Precensureship to ban before even one post was by a d5 club officer to his club, his district, or his DVP. Can that club officer post about an upcoming event at the club... no, why... moderator personal hate.)

We have focused on the event that has made me ponder the question,
lets focus on the pondering of how we would like the AMA to be.

But obviously it would be illegal for ama to say anthing, per the SK Mower Thread.... right?

<edit>
Oh, and I think we are all in agreement that
Red can do what he likes with his Yahoo Group,
It is his.
Neither we nor D5 DVP can stop him from political/personal hate peddling.

So we dont need STL coming in here in the morning to say how wrong we all are & Red can do what he wants because it is his group.
We know that.
The question is whether the D5 DVP should have the oversite to distance the D5 Website from the Forum Of Hate & Personal Grudges, or at least ask that the Revokee be reinstated.
It is opinion on DVP control of web presense.
Kid,

Not taking anyone's side here, but maybe (just maybe) some see it as a way to have a balanced opinion of the AMA. Truth be told, the RCU forum is the place (or so it seems) for the anti AMA group to gather together and bash everything that has to do with the AMA. So perhaps the other site exists for those who support the efforts of the AMA. Please look at it that way before you start screaming and attempting to belittle me for saying that. Obviously, the threads here on RCU are not overly moderated, since it has become acceptable for the anti AMA group to be able to flame, embarass and insult anyone who disagrees with the anti-AMA group (or more directly those who agree with Jim Cherry).

How did you think that you would ever be able to keep the persons identies a mystery? More importantly, why would you feel the need to do so? It's fair game to name names when someone does not agree with you, or when an official of the AMA does something that you disagree with.

Welcome to the big leagues. You guys have been operating in RCU with a certain degree of protection from the moderators/administrators. I can't see it as any other way, when the various threads have been allowed to continue, while others (especially those who disagree with the anti-AMA mindset) get locked down immediately. Anyway, why are you so interested in something that has not one thing to do with your district? The site in question has to do with District V. Last time I checked, Texas was not in District V.

Again, I think that the Yahoo site is just a way for the pro-AMA group to be able to have their say. Might be wrong, but it won't be the first time. More than likely, it won't be the last.

Bill, AMA 4720