RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here building a UAVP?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Old Man Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone here building a UAVP?

ORIGINAL: Nicoleto

Hi Rusty, Regarding the German MK, yes the performance can be duplicated and yes it flies way better even that a brushless converted DF. I can tell because I own one regular DF, one MK and soon one UAVP. Also I've flown one brushless converted DF and although it flies way better than any regular DF, there is no comparison between the converted DF and at least my MK.

So is it worth getting one on these German machines? I would say BIG YES. However you may have to fly one to know what I’m talking about.

Regarding ESCs, if you go the MK way (now that you can buy both the populated escs and the populated main board) you will definitively need I2C compatible escs. Holger’s ESCs are very good I have 8 of the and haven’t had any problem flying my 1100 grams MK with 20-22L hacker motors and a payload of 500 grams for a total of 1600 grams of flying weight. If you go the UAVP way, you can use any PPM controller. There are other controllers like the YGE30i or something like that. I’ve never tried those so I’m not sure how good they are.

Regards
Nick
Nick,

It is very good to have feedback from someone that has flown the converted and original DF as well as the german units. Can you be a bit more specific on the differences you notice with the flying. Also, I only knew of four people that have completed the DF brushless conversion so I'm surprised to hear that you have flown one. Guess there are more out there that have not commented about their successful conversions.

I admit that if the MK was English language based development project, I would be right in the middle of it. It just seems so difficult to deal with a project which requires language translation.

BlackDragan: It should not be long. I'll spill it when I am allowed.

Mike