RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
fw190a8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal-FW190A8

The wing went together well, I built it strait off the plans. I used Spring Air 704 85 degree retracts and positioned it between rib 4 & 5. I like the fact that spring air requires only one air line to the retract unit. I also used the robarts 650 oleo strut. I may go with a plastic film covering for the wing as the first and last warbird I built the Skyshark Stuka could not get more then 6 inches off the ground[&o]. That is also another reason I didn't want to mess with washout...I just wanted a straight wing. I'm more concerned with getting the 2 degree angle called for on the plan correct when I install the wing in the plane.

I may put a gun on my wing. I bought some 1/4" plastic threaded rod and some treaded inserts. I haven't decided on an engine yet but have a OS 61 fx that would likely fit without modifications to the plans. Have you considered an engine that you can just strap to the firewall?

I just made a copy of the fuselage plans and will likely get started in the next few days.