RCU Forums - View Single Post - The e-ticket cometh
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The e-ticket cometh

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Those holding Park Flyer AMA cards would not be allowed to fly at Charter Club AMA fields. Do I understand this right? Would those holding Park Flyer cards be covered for flying anywhere else or only at "established park flyer fields". Would the AMA charter such Park Flyer clubs as they do present full membership clubs? Seems like they would have to have something for the land owners.
I think what would most make sense is that full AMA card holders would be allowed to fly at e-fields, but e-ticket holders would only be allowed to fly at e-ticket fields. This encourages them upgrade to full ticket. They are still members of the AMA, no different then a LSA pilot, is a pilot. The idea is to get more flying fields, especially in smaller spaces and public parks, on the radar screen and certified as designated AMA flying sites.

Again going back to full scale flying. A private pilot can fly and LSA plane, he can jump right in and fly away. However an LSA pilot can not fly planes which are out of the reach of LSA certification. The similarities of the 2 programs are relatively identical, I mean right down to the nuts and bolts.

And in regards to a new magazine, good. How many does your covenant NRA have for their niche groups, at least 3?? How many does EAA have for their niche groups, you guessed it, 7. Variety is the spice of life Hoss. There is life outside long dark road that leads to your flying field.