RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report

DEAD CALM POST FLIGHT REPORT: (This early morning!!!!)

It is just amazing Brushless power system that I have installed in my pico Tiger Moth!!! Got to my RC Club to find ¼ of the field under water at the North end but, this did not deter me to hand launch the little 9-1/2oz. Ready Flight RC Model!!

Goodness, it flew and flew for over 14 minutes with very good power for loops from level flight and that GWS “Slow Flyer” 8 X 6 propeller did a fantastic job of keeping up with airspeed. I mostly flew it at ½ throttle and at times just one or two clicks below ½ throttle for the best “Scale & Slow” passes you have ever seen on this model.

I greased the landing on the short patch of grass that did not have standing water near the pilots station and I disconnected and took out the Shulman’s Aviation 2-Cell, 1200mAH, 10C, Li-POLY and it was “COLD” plus it measured 8.05 Volts after all that flying!!!

This Himax HC2212-1180 (22mm diameter, 12mm long, with 1180 kv) performed just very well and I could just could not hear the motor and at times I did not hear that GWS Slow Flyer propeller as well.

Yes, the morning was rather hot and muggy but, it was DEAD CALM!!!!