RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

ORIGINAL: 3kgt

no, i havent used the gyro yet. yeah i do see everybody place them up-right but, i did'nt see anything on the manual saying the gyro needs to be up-right ( i guess soon i'll find out) hopefully it'll work. i just finished putting in the copter x bl & esc which looks much better then stock and fits good. all i need to fly again is the dual con-crystal and i'll be up&away.
You can check the whether the gyro is in the right orientation by powering up (with motor power detached). Just plug in the battery and move the tail side to side, you should see the gyro try to compensate by moving the tail servo. If the gyro doesn't respond when you move the tail side to side then try tilting the heli left and right, if that works then you have the gryo installed wrong. Basically you need to find out which axis the gyro responds to.

If you remember geometry and looking at the heli from the front the z axis is up and down (through the main shaft), the y axis goes left to right and the x axis is parallel with the tail. Gyros are meant to counter rotation around the z axis along the x-y plane, if your gyro is installed wrong then it is countering rotation around the x axis along the z-y plane. Hope that's not too confusing.