RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

Ken,

I'm really well pleased with the ease of mounting the engine on this one. I'll try and get some shots tomorrow. I'm going to need to use a bellcrank to get the throttle to work correctly. Did you use a 2 line setup with a Tee for filling, or did you go with a 3 line setup? Looks as if I will need to add a couple more fender washers to get the spacing just right. I still need to add the cowl ring to the balsa blocks for mounting the cowl (you don't have this on yours, since your cowl has the ring already in place. When Jay sends me the links that he is making for mounting the cabanes, I'll get the cabanes covered and streamlined, and I will have the fuselage ready for covering and paint.

This one has been a little long, with the modifications added, which required tearing part of the assembly out, and reworking it completely. I think that these modifications will be worth it in the long run, but they sure do slow things down on the first attempt.

Note to others doing the firewall modification: Drill your firewall, and install your blind nuts before glueing the firewall in place. You will need to cut holes in your sheeting to reach them if you wait until the fuselage is framed up. Don't ask how I know.....[:@]

Also, have your tailwheel and it's linkage installed prior to adding the stringers. If you are going to use the adjustable Horizontal Stabilizer, you will need to build the H-stab and set up the drive system for it before adding any stringers too. If we do get the new landing gear, that means tearing out the bottom front stringers and sheeting to reach the gear mounts, but that will be worth the trouble too. Go Sierra, Go.....

I will try to get some good shots of the wheel pants stabilizer plates too tomorrow.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1