RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Interested in a 3D or 2D CAD Drafting Service?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Mods-R-Me
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Interested in a 3D or 2D CAD Drafting Service?

Hey guys,

The purpose of this poll is to see if there is any interest for a custom CAD drafting service. Since I cannot build much these days, I've been taking a few CAD jobs designing fuse plugs and wings (ribs, bulk heads, small components, etc) for composite part manufacturing. I am considering offering this to service to the general public on a first-come, fist-serve basis. The cost would be $10/hour with a 5 hour minimum. Average wait is 1-4 weeks with a total time of 20-30 hours (depending on model).

The completed 2D files are delivered laser ready and in the format of your choice (.dxf, .dwg, etc). I can also provide 3D CAD files (Solidworks, Catia, Rhino) for CNC machining if preferred. The accuracy of the model is heavily dependent on the amount and quality of information provided. At a minimum, 3-views with "good" resolution are required. Any additional full scale pics or measurements will enhance the accuracy of the model. The completed files will be delivered via email when payment has been confirmed through PayPal. Contact me via PM for an estimate.

Thank you for your time,

Kelvin @ MRM-RCModels