RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 01:36 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Hi gadgetkeith, we were talking about this very topic in another post found here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6378073/tm.htm

I'll repost what I've experienced

There's tons of good arguements towards Either. As an owner of both helicopter I can say from a newcomers point of view it would be very hard to pick one over the other.

In my experience from working with, and modifying both, here is what I've noted as I'm sure other's will as well....

Honey bee king 2
- Very light and stable for it's weight, but doesnt take abuse from the wind
- can be flown indoors as it's soo small
- batteries and other electronics can be less money as it requires less power
- has several hop up parts from esky
- doesn't need a complex expensive radio to fly good because of it's simplified servo and head location.

Belt Cp
- Flies better that King 2 in heavier winds
- Shouldn't really be flown indoors unless in a gymnasium or large space
- Replacement parts are some of the most inexpensive for it's class
- Needs a good radio like futaba 7chp or spektrum dx7 because the sevo and head links are soo complex (good to have sub trim and delay)
- More stable when attempting 3d than king 2
- takes a crash easier than King 2, certainly stronger and more durable in part because of it's size
- Has tons of hop up parts from Esky, and BONUS is compatible with most all align and HDX parts (HUGE PLUS)

Overall I find both helicopters are a great design and good quality. It all breaks down to what the user wants.
If you want to just get a taste of Radio Control heli's and not fork out the cash I'd go with the King 2. Good for flying indoors and light winds with moderate 3d. Not much maintenance.
If you want to and are thinking about becoming hardcore in the future, want to do stunts and big tricks want to or already have a good radio I'd go for the belt cp. It's the cheapest in it's class for a 450 sized heli. Good for flying anywhere and can take a more aggresive flight routine.

Both are a small investment money wise no matter how far you want to get into heli's and be it whichever you choose, you should have good results in the end.

Cheers