RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 02:06 AM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report

Hiya Jesper, how are U? I'm really interested in your TM AND pico Stick builds. I've seen the specs for the MAE TMoth and they look as though they've really thought about improving the bird, its good as standard but better by MAE!! I'm not familiar with CD Ro type motors but they sound good, I'd love to see some stats on them. There's one ting I hate about brushed/gearbox outfits, and thats the long prop shaft which is always a weak spot. Thats another reason I went to b/less. You're gonna love this plane, and there's some good U-Tube vids to wet your appetite. The only mods I've done to my bird is change the u/carriage wire to stronger guage and fit decent light wheels. I've put a small cut-out in the use where rear pilot should sit so that I can change the RX crystal without taking the wings off (in case there's someone nearby using same frequency!!). Put a small wheel on rear instead of the skid. Big change: Fitted 2 carbon struts linking bottom wing to top wing - realy good move!!
PICO STICK: I'm just waiting for my GWS Sow Stick to arrive then I can start building any day now. It will be stock and evolve as crashes occur[][&o]. If you have tipss on your build let us know. Maybe we should upgrade this thread to "The Slow Flyers" thread - now there's an idea. Waiting for electronic scales to arrive - told wife they do them in silver to match her kitchen colour.
PAINT: There is odorless paint, like Satin fiish, emulsion etc, but NOT gloss. My plane was done in the cheap tester pots at DIY store. Going flying now, sun is up, I can't wait. Byeee.