RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
JRexA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report

Hi tam popo and all others reading this thread.

I built the Pico Stick today.
No problems, just followed the instructions, I had also ordered the Carbon strut upgrade, and exept for the Brushless and LiPo, that is the only change from original.
Build was uneventfull, except that it is 20 years since I last did any building.... (need to up my quality control and patience...)
I got the Stick airborne this evening, but a crash landing shook loose one of the hot glued servos. unfortunately I was out of hot glue.[:@]

As for my Pico TM, I am starting that tomorrow, or monday.
In addition to the ordinary http://m-a-e.com kit I also ordered the carbon Strut reinforcement, and I plan to put in flying Wires, it won't look right, without them...
As for painting, I received a suggestion about using a Permanent Speed marker, instead of paint, in order to save weight.

As for the Radio used. I wanted to reuse the Walkera radio from my WK-68B on the Pico Stick, and then put in the Futabe 6EX 2.4ghz in the heli and the Pico TM.
But glitching with the Walkera Radio was so bad, that I gave up. I now have to find a 2.4ghz radio for the boy also. I was hoping to save a bit, by letting him use the old radio.
But seing th eglitching, I now understand that I would never have had a chance learning Heli Flight, using the Walkera Radio.[:'(]

Btw. It takes around 15 minutes to change an 6EX 2.4ghz from Mode 1 to Mode 2. The Radio is just programmed to the new mode(see the manual), and then a spring and a ratchet needs to be moved(NOT Documented in the manual, they say: Send for service), and that is all.