Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:00 PM
SuperCub Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: aminiet

SuperCubMan.

Great job on that aileron. Are you going to put the push/pull link under the aileron, or will you put it through the rear spar?
Also did you cut the aileron leading edge spar at an angle to allow for the down travel?

Angel
B 58
I don't quite get what you mean by the push/pull link!! The servo will be mounted in the wing and connected to a standard Aileron horn with 4-40 wire and clevis. I put ply in the aileron - per plans - to support the horn and the interplane strut horn. My interplane main struts will be connected to steel horns which will be sandwiched between two ply plates on either side of the rib rather than the "L" shaped horn suggested on the plans.
I simply cut the aileron L.E. on the bandsaw at the correct angles to match the slope of the aileron. I think 22.5 degrees for the bottom and 35 degrees for the top. By gluing it to the bottom sheeting it was held in place while I cut the ribs to match. Since I used the plastic corrugations, I adjusted the aileron to allow for their thicknesses (about 1/16" each side) and then sheeted it with 1/16" balsa. They seem quite solid!
Hope that's what you meant!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69386.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	786137