RCU Forums - View Single Post - Would you still be a member of AMA if it was not a requirement of your club?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Would you still be a member of AMA if it was not a requirement of your club?

ORIGINAL: kid chuckles

If not a club requirement what other advantages does it have? The insurance is sublemental and if you have home owners what advantage does the AMA offer. There mag i would miss i suppose. Someone enlighten me if you would I might be missing the boat. But don't rag on me.
If you would take the little time that is required to read what is in both threads, you might gain a little insight as to what the AMA does for you. Now the more important question is; what do you do for the rest of the people in the hobby? We are the AMA. Do you teach a newbie how to fly? We are the AMA. Do you teach a child how to build a model airplane? We are the AMA. Do you promote (in a positive manner) this hobby whenever you are out flying? We are the AMA. Get the big picture? All the AMA owe's you is a membership card, a cheap decal, Liability insurance, and a pretty good magazine every month. Oh, just so I don't forget, they do manage to accomplish a little lobbying in Washington. Have you noticed that you are not required to hold a model airplane pilots license, issued by the F.A.A.? Have you noticed that you have radio frequencies to use to be able to fly your model airplane? Have you noticed that the various Municipalaties are open to the idea of you being able to have a place from which to fly? That, my Brother, is the AMA, and We are the AMA.

Bill, AMA 4720