RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: Mr. Lucky

Hello Waco Brotherhood. How do I sign up. I'm a beginner more or less. My dad was a modeler in his youth and eventually graduated to building a full scale Smith Miniplane in our one car garage back in 1959. Senior had my mom paint the cat Mr. Lucky on the tail and that was his moniker for his flying career. He spent the better part of the next ten years barn storming around the great northwest here in Seattle. I have been involved with flight ever since. I was the oldest son so was dragged to the airport from the time I was about 5 years old. The old man would go flying and leave me to wander around the airport and pester all the other guys in the flying club. You see, back in the 50's you could leave your kid unattended and no one would steal him. Maybe I was just a real pest and no one wanted to steal me. I remember a guy named Chuck L. who was in the hangar next to dad he had a P-51 that I spent most of my time around. I have always been in love with the Waco so have spent the better part of the last 2 months looking for a good kit. The reason why I joined the AMA was to build above all else so I would never buy an ARF. I have begun by collecting as much info and drawings as possible. In my search I ran across the thread for this topic.

Wow, this thread is a gold mine for information on building the Waco. I have already collected a wealth of info and have hardly even broken the surface. I figured that I should probably join in and join the Brotherhood if it's acceptable.

Please get back to me if this is an open membership.

Ben Warner
AMA 9037
EAA 5100
Ben,

Welcome to the Brotherhood. You are Brother #74. If you would care to look at page #200, you will see that the roster has been updated to reflect this. I hope you enjoy the group.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1