RCU Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon 2 by ParkZone
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Typhoon 2 by ParkZone

I just moved my elevator and rudder servos to a new fuselage a week ago or so. No exacto knife needed.

I gently pried the black plastic servo retainer clips out of the foam, using a flat bladed screw driver. They
are glued into the foam. Once the clips were removed, I pulled and rocked the servos until they came
loose.

I cleaned foam residue off the clips using a small wire brush, about the size of a toothbrush. Each clip has
three prongs stuck into the foam. The middle prong goes through the servo mounting hole. My clips were
easily reused.

The servo was mounted using double stick tape on the bottom of the servo. Relatively easy to remove. Servo
mounting tape is what it's called in the hobby. You can find the same stuff at a car supply shop. It's used to
afix trim pieces to the side of your car. Clean the foam pocket and servo bottom with alcohol, and the servo
mounting tape will hold the servo quite well.

If I flew RC better, I wouldn't be so good at fixing my airplanes.

:^(

Chris Shaker
Chris,

You were spot-on, man! That servo came out easy as pie once I got the clips off! Now, to replace that servo and get her in the air! Thanks for helping me feel better about my purchase.