RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lr-1 wish list
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Electric Delta
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lr-1 wish list

I would also like to see something more along the lines of the Kangke F3D-30, rather than the LR-1. To me the LR-1 wing is too small for a .30 sized plane, meaning a too-high wing loading and associated landing challenges, and the cheek cowls (one side mostly hogged out for engine clearance) don't add much to the appearance of the LR-1, IMO, and probably do add a significant amount of drag. The F3D-30 is a lot cleaner-looking to me. Of course the F3D has its shortcomings too; an epoxy-glass fuselage would be a big improvement over the polyester-glass fuselage, and the landing gear needs to either be wing-mounted, or fuselage-mounted and raked back to get the wheels where they belong to avoid bouncy landings. I have an F3D-30 on the workbench and will be using a Jett BSE .35 with integral spinner and substitute the landing gear from a Doddger Q-500 for the stock gear, to get it pretty close to what I really want. I certainly would love to see a similar plane available on the market, you never know when you may suddenly need a replacement ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14113.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	792594