RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blood and gore in Model Aviation Magazine
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Blood and gore in Model Aviation Magazine

I guess for me it was not that revolting, I have seen some pretty gruesome things, and though TommyGun's picture is pretty graphic, and was probably pretty painful, to be honest you can see more blood on an "after school special". Red's collumn is informative and that picture is not the first one to be shown in the magazine, and hopefully it will not be the last. One would hope that it serves a purpose in getting the point across to the uninformed that even the elctrics can bite you. Especially given the fact that there are more and more electric fliers out there. The point needs to be made, we get complacent and forget that just because the motor is small, and doesn't make a big noise, that it can hhurt you. A friend's wife was recently cut up pretty bad hand launching a Stryker. She was not thinking at the time, and neither was he, and as she launched it the rear prop put several cuts in the top of her hand and arm. You never know when it can happen, and thankfully Red was doing his job by showing what a few moments of complacency will get.
Unfortunately for you Red, you have learned the invaluable lesson, that No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.....haha.....keep up the good work.
Tommy