RCU Forums - View Single Post - why small prop sizing on the cermark f-16's?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: why small prop sizing on the cermark f-16's?

ORIGINAL: cottp51

1st off guys and gals what a kick ***** web site i really enjoy it!!!!! here we go, i was all geared up to purchase the "new" cermark f-16 prop jet unfortunatley the ones cermark have in stock are missing the canopy's and landing gear and there next shipment is not due for another 60 day's or so,i did however go ahead and order the f-18 which is due around the 10th of november, anyways in my reasearch of these two birds i kept noticing guys running small prop sizes (example .91's .90's .100 running anything from 10x8 to 12x8's) that to me would be an engine killer, will these bigger engines take this kind of rpm's?, i'd also like to know why they are doing it is it because of ground clearance? i will be flying mine off a grass air field and any input will be greatly appreciated, and remember, bore holes in the sky not the ground

Theres a running thread here somewhere on the F-18 which your welcome to find to help you out. Speed needs pitch 12/6,7,8's seem tobe the prop of choice on these planes with any form of a .90