RCU Forums - View Single Post - Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign

I'm not involved in this but have been monitoring this for a while. I've worked with the authorities for some time and am familiar with the scenario you describe. This one doesn't quite fit the mold.

Here are some observations I’ve made regarding this individual.

He attacks all aspects of our sport/hobby, everything from the AMA on.
Quote: AMA- A corrupt company that has a monopoly. Only 18 dollars goes to insurance.

He attacks all the individuals in the hobby in a generic fashion and when pressed, refuses to define any instance of a potential infraction with specifics.
Quote: Gas clubs are for old men that swoop over your head when you retrieve a model, no respect at all.

He manufactured an extraordinary situation and still hasn't presented any evidence of its actual occurrence.
Quote: There was a guy who was held down and they put a running plane close to his faceexplain that?
(Seems like we'd have heard more regarding that if it was indeed factual)

Believes the problem is nationwide.
Quote: This is something that goes on nationwide in some cases.

Doesn't have his facts straight.
Quote: Electric can be flown without AMA. If anyone wants to know. Never join a gas club some will give you a tiny place on one side. They will deny use of the runway.

This individual goes on rants.
Quote: Abusers do things to get an emotional high. They do this relieve pain. Many of the things they say they dont even believe. They just have to say it. So realize that people do lie often to get that high. You are not dumb, crazy, or lazy. See theres hope. They are not trying to help you for later in life. Just know this. Its abuse nothing else.
Free counseling available thru messengers yah,Aim,Msn,etc.

Let's look at his favorite videos...
"Think Smoking is Sexy?"
Second-Hand Smoke Kills Public Service Announcement
AFN Commercial - Verbal Abuse
anti verbal abuse campaign original
industrial wind turbine noise

This individual deliberately makes himself hard to associate with or relate to. He also seems frightened to address his concerns, one by one, in a forum discussion.

By sheer virtue of the methodology used to initiate the claims it would seemingly indicate he only wants to frighten others to prove his point.

After listening to his side, as evidenced by the direct quotes above, in my humble opinion, and I’m no expert, I’d objectively say we’ve got a loonytoon on our hands. If however, anyone does go visit this nutball, I’d love to buy the beer, for all interested parties, at the local tavern whilst being entertained with the story/minutes of that meeting.

Besides, this is probably just a kid doing this.