RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Osmose Building
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 AM
najary

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Electric Osmose Building

ORIGINAL: jnp

Hi Isaac , also want to join Roly in thanking you for these pictures - also following your progress on a daily basis . I should start building my Osmose in the beginning of 2008 and will certainly be using your pics . Have been visiting Roly and watching his progress - he is doing well with very neat work . Had a look at the control horns , he is using the Chip hyde units ,which similar to yours being screwed on with three small self-tappers , it looks very weak to me . Being of the old school, and used to over engineering with control horns being bolted right through the flying surface , why do you go for these and not the type that bolts right through the surface - such as the type by Haoye models?

Brgrds
Juan
Hi Juan
In the past I used the dowel&bolt method but I prefer this method because it is stronger and you don't see the bolt on the upper side of the control surface.
The trick is to saturate the foam with large quantity off CA, about 1CC, together with the gluing of the plywood. that make the foam in this area like stiff block that harden the control surface and prevents flutter.
After I screw the bolts I unscrew them drip little CA in the screwing.

Isaac Njary