RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hello, Experience is appricated please..
Old 11-12-2007, 12:01 AM
D4ng3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, Experience is appricated please..

Hello, I am new to the forum, as well as the sport, and have really only gotten invloved with the RC world since I got a job this summer and a disposable income. I am 18 years old, and am looking into getting an RC vehicle to romp around the streets, yard, forests, packed snow tracks that will be built in the back yard, and a few dirt jumps. I figured the best type of vehicle for this type of punishment would be a monster truck... but before I get ahead of myself, I would like some general information please.

1. What are the differences between stadium trucks, buggies, truggies, and monsters?

2. I am pretty sure I am going to get a Nitro Monster Truck, nitro for power and tweaking/fooling around with it, and the Monster Truck because it can handle abuse that I want to throw at it, but what is a good truck for me? I have a price range of AROUND $200 (way low end i guess...) to about ~$550 for the total cost of a truck (including servos and gas and everything...). I want a reliable truck that gets good reviews, looks cool, preforms well, and ***COMES AS A KIT!***

I want to build my truck, so that when the time comes to take it all apart to fix something, I will know where things will go. Also, I (in general) like fooling around with this type of project, and its half the fun!

Do you have any suggestions?

I heard the HPI savage was a good truck, but I dont know which type... x? 4.6? 2.1? I..... *sigh* feel confused

I have attempted to do some research into this hobby, I know the engine sizes, and a little bit about how the cars work with glow plugs and such, but you guys could really help me out here. Thanks for the tips, and suggestions!

3. Do the trucks have a reverse? (sorry if it is a stupid question... it just seems that some may not... O_o)

p.s. Since it is a kit, and I am pretty sure they don't include servos/electronics, could you point me in the right direction or give suggestions?